Monday 18 July 2005

Cymbalta Chronicles, Vol. 1


Met with Dr. T at noon. He's a fast-talking, tanned, late forty-ish doctor whose appointments are backed up till Kingdom Come with scheduled patients and walk-ins. Why aren't their more doctors at places like this? It just seems incredibly greedy and non-client centered to have one MD at a psychological assessment and treatment center in the middle of a large Metropolitan area. But that was just my first time there, so I don't have all the facts.

Anyway, I think he talked to me for maybe ten or fifteen minutes. Then he quickly scribbled down a prescription to some 'new' anti-depressant called Cymbalta.

I'd never heard of this medication and neither did the pharmacist when I filled the prescription after work. Dr. T told me it didn't matter when I took it but he recommended that I take it with dinner, because it might make me drowsy. The pharmacist (a lovely Vietnamese woman) told me to take it in the morning. During our consultation, she tried to look up some info on Cymbalta (I suspect she Googled it) and didn't find much. My eyebrow and my suspicions are officially raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment